We Understand That It's More Than Just A Cleaning. Let Us Help
Hoarding Cleanup from Pittsburgh to Cleveland
Is there really a company that works with hoarders and sorts through everything? YES! In fact, Cory Chalmers has hosted A&E’s “Hoarders” show for 10 years. As CEO of Steri-Clean, Cory leads 30 franchises nationwide in the hoarding remediation business.
Hoarding remediation accounts for the majority of the work that Steri-Clean does each year. The Pittsburgh franchise has cleaned over 500 hoards just in the last few years and more than 10,000 nationwide, working hand-in-hand with those who are struggling with extreme clutter.
Steri-Clean® specializes in assisting hoarders and their family to take on the daunting task of cleaning out their homes. The Steri-Clean® team is trained in the psychology of hoarding to make the most progress possible. Compassion and understanding are the driving force behind a hoarding cleanout.
• Free estimate and on-site evaluation
• Pack rat/trash/clutter cleanouts – complete or modified to fit individual needs
• Animal feces/urine cleanup
• Search & recovery of paperwork, collectibles, electronics and valuables
• Packaging and storage of personal belongings
“I Just Feel So Overwhelmed!”
This is a common statement from our clients before hiring us. The task of throwing away a few items isn’t especially difficult. However, when that quantity multiplies to thousands of items, the decision making process alone makes it exceedingly difficult just to stay on task. Add to that the logistics of sorting, getting a dumpster, providing the labor to haul things out, moving furniture, handling donations, recycling, cleaning and so on, and you will find a seemingly insurmountable project that may takes weeks or months to complete. Imagine asking a neighbor if he or she would be willing to devote their next two months helping you? Who is going to say yes to that?
Steri-Clean Hoarding Remediation Technicians are so efficient that they can typically work through a 3 bedroom ranch with a basement in 2 or 3 days. We look through every box, every bag, every stack of items to ensure that nothing important is thrown away. We search for photos, documents, money, jewelry, and anything you consider important. No assumptions are made about what is in a container. No judgement is passed for the condition of your home.
How Do I Get Started?
We would like to do a free estimate. You can either submit photos of each room (take a wide shot of each room), or call to schedule a time to meet with an estimator. Our office staff will write up a formal estimate for your approval. It will outline the time and materials required, the steps our technicians will take, the price, and what you can expect after the work is completed.
Contact us to speak with someone immediately about scheduling the estimate.
• An estimated 635,000 hoarders are in Pennsylvania.
• Hoarding is recognized as a mental health disorder.
• 1 in 5 individuals is a hoarder.
• Often affects intelligent and professional people.
• Typically manifests after age 50.
• Examples of hoarding types: animals, trash, books, food, information, electronics.
• Each year up to 250,000 animals are reported as victims of living in hoarding conditions.